Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Jackson's Mighty Fine Food and Lucky Lounge


October 24th - Jackson's Mighty Fine Food and Lucky Lounge!

Alright, so the week before Mon Ami Gabi, we checked out the new Happy Hour hot spot in the Reston Town Center called Jacksons. Talk about packed! Good thing I called ahead. 1:30 hour wait! But if you are looking for a great place to go after work and get a few drinks with friends, this is it.

Another chain of the Great American Resturants, it has alot of the same things as Sweetwater or Coastal Flats, with a little bit of a 60's twist. AND a new addition of an AWESOME steak frites to the menu. Don't worry, they still have the awesome aussie rolls to munch on while you wait for your meal!

As always, I looked over the menu to see what the best steak selection will be! Juan went the seafood route and had the fish special, but who really cares, this is the STEAK JOURNAL! lol...

Anyways, I found that they had the usual Petite Filet like I get at Coastal or Sweetwater, but I decided to go with their Steak Frites. 2 weeks of steak frites, but I will say this was the better of the 2.

The plate came out, a nice medium hickory grilled hanger steak with an awesome red wine sauce. Pilled on top of the steak was a large amount of fresh cut fries. Perfectly seasoned! One bite and I was in heaven. Not only was the food amazing, but the atmosphere was great as well! I will defiantly be going back to Jacksons in the near future.

Sorry Mon Ami Gabi, I have to give Jackson's steak frites a 5 out of 5 cows!

No comments: